Home of TCR™PrepregsA unique high-performance epoxy prepreg that is environmentally friendly and can be stored at ambient temperatures for up to one year. Let us help you with your toughest composite challenges!
1. Can I really store my TCR™ Prepregs outside a freezer?
Yes, most of our resins can be stored at ambient room temperatures (75F/21C) for either 1 year or 6 months.
2. Will freezing damage them?
No, it will actually make them last even longer. Care must be taken to warm them up for at least two hours after removing them from cold storage (in their sealed bags) to minimize water condensation.
3. Do I need to wear gloves and respirators when working with TCR Composite resins?
Gloves (latex, vinyl, rubber etc) that are impervious to resin are highly recommended. Respirators and other special equipment should not be necessary under normal circumstances.
4. How long are your lead times?
Normal lead times are four weeks for commonly produced products and six weeks for others. Special or exotic fibers or weaves may take longer.
5. At what tension should towpreg be un-spooled?
Normally, towpreg can be un-spooled efficiently at > 3lb or 1.5 kg.
6. What kinds of solvents can be used to clean rollers and contact winding machines?
MEK, acetone, or alcohol.
7. How many towpreg spools are in 1 box?
From 2 to 8 spools depending on spool weights.
8. What are standard towpreg spools sizes?
9. What are the towpreg core sizes?
3.0 inches/ 76mm ID X 11 inches/280mm long.